Kerry Jones is not your typical artist. Her work consists of big puppets strange videos and a bit of everything else in between, Kerry makes these big puppets that she takes to lots of different events and  has done some work in Galashiels with the community setting up galleries in the shops on the high street so people could look through the windows and see what Galashiels was like in the 1930s and throughout the years which is a nice idea, she also runs workshops for kids so she can make a living.

Her work in my opinion has quite a childish look to it and her art doesn't have me  questioning how she did it or makes me want to learn more about it, it all seems a bit simple and pointless to me and I don't really connect too her work or get a feel for it, I think it's nice that she's able to make a living from something she enjoys doing and she can't be a bad artist if she's able to do that.

Comments

Popular Posts