Rommert Boonstra

Rommert Boonstra

Boonstra is a photographer, poet and a visual artist. Born in 1942 he is known for his photography best, which are usually made up of different objects such as broken glass, images of fine art, food and figures, among other things. Boonstra photos to me feel like I've opened a door to playful and colourful dream-world with a hint of Dada,through his use of collage, his pictures lets your eye explore.

I didn't think that his pictures were that good at the start, when I first looked at his work I thought that his actual photography skills was quite poor, he was just taking pictures of weird scenes that are filled with rubbish but the closer I looked at the photos I started to see that there was more to them.

His photos trick the eye and brain, he uses every day objects to make a still-life of a room filled with madness but at the same time makes sense because it's all in proportion.




Through his use of only paper cones glass stones and shadow, he has given me a sense of scale and of depth. For me this picture is a reflection of the decline of the industrial revolution and the mill chimneys.









Comments

Popular Posts