Photos of Glasgow

Photos of Glasgow.


When I was in Glasgow I took pictures of the city from the Crowne Plaza,  I wanted to take pictures of the urban life of the city but I didn't really get the opportunity to do that, although I did get a chance to take photos of a tall ship.  I found the tall ship really interesting to take photos of because of all the lines and shapes of the boat as well as hundreds of years of wear and tear from it being at sea, this gave me plenty to photograph.



these three pictures are of the boats reflection in the windows of the museum. I took
the photos because of how it broke up and distorted the beams of the sails. Using the reflection of the windows gave me a different view of the ship.



 I was looking at the direction in which the rope was going and tried to capture that feel you get when you look up at something big, also how bold the rope was against the sky.




Close ups of the ship.
I focused on the colour contrast of parts of the ship, I like how the danger picture looks and how all the colours pick up with each other.



I tried to direct the eye into the distance by using parts of the ship like a arrows.


I think these pictures work well because I was able to control the colour that would be in the frame, which meant I could get a monochrome look to the photos with out making them black and white.
I photographed the building to get the reflection of the ship but what I really liked was the shape of the roof.










I took some snaps out of my car window with out using the eye peas to see what I would get. I took about 30 pictures out the window and a lot of them came out out  of focus but a few were okay. I like the ones of the protesters because the people I was photographing didn't know that I was taking their picture, making it feels really unposed.
I edited some of the photos by cropping and changing the colours.
I like how the arrows are pointing at the flags so I made the background black and white and kept the flags and arrows in colour to make it more noticeable what the arrows were pointing at.


Glasgow at night.
I wanted to show the movement that the city has, I tried to do this by using the shutter setting on my camera but I don't think I had it set for a long enough time.


Some of the photos I took didn't come out how I thought they would but I think the one that went wrong are the ones I like best.



Photos of my reflection.
I liked the look of having two images in the one picture, I used the lights of the city and my reflection to make it look like the lights were coming out of the camera.















Comments

Popular Posts