Michael Peres


Michael Peres is best known for his snowflake photographs, they're very detailed photos. He uses microscopes of different magnifications to capture his minuscule subjects.   What I like about his work is how he makes you look in a different way, they allow you to see what you might not have thought was there with just the naked eye. 

I'm interested in having a go at this type of photography, as I think that it will really help to have something like an image to work from when it comes to making my textile pieces. 

 I appreciate the subjects of the photos a lot more now that I've seen them like this.  
I'm looking at the patterns that start to appear in the subjects like the Eastern White Pine, I wasn't expecting there to be so many different colours. 




Snowflake 


Mosquito 



Prescription Pill



Malignate 

Squidlet


Hepatica 

Dandelion


Developing Bone


Eastern White Pine


snowflake



Prescription Pill


Sunscreen Chemical


Chicken Embryo


Camel Skin 


Bursaria Truncatella

Comments

Popular Posts