Over Drawing Digitally

I've done over drawing and painting before but not really digitally. What I wanted to do was have the face of an animal that I think reflects them over the top. I started by taking a photo of my dad and brother and editing it into black and white, I also beefed up the contrast.  It makes the shapes and textures of the face stand out more. I used Seed to edit the photos and put them onto the app Paper 53, which is the app that I use.  I used a portrait of animals that looked  a similar size and position to the faces of my dad and brother.



This is the photo i took of my dad, making the photo black and white just means that you will be able to see the drawing clearer. 


I then hid the photo and started to draw out the face of a Silverback Gorilla. I used a fine line pen in white to draw it out, i didn't want to make it overly complicated because the photograph is complicated enough. 


The drawing with the photo behind it wasn't that clear so i went over it with a bigger pen, to thicken  the lines.







Comments

Popular Posts