Home Videos


For part of my digital media unit I've tried film. I've tried this because its a big part of the art world now, with the last person to represent Scotland at the Venice Biennale being a film maker. Inspired by the Alchemy film festival and the work I seen there I've tied making my own short's. 

Part of what this was about was just having a go, looking at what I could do with what I had. I used my iPad wth the apps Instagram and iMovie, don't have much of a clue how to use iMovie so it was used very little. On Instagram there's a stop- motion setting, which is what I used to make my movie short's. What I like about the stop-motion is how it gives a cartoon feel to the films, I think this is because I exaggerate the movement giving it a cartoon feel. 

I wanted to capture the movement that's all around us and the small sounds that go unnoticed, that we don't always hear. The use of the stop-motion makes the movements more notable, the sounds were recorded from where the videos were taken.  




For this one I added different coloured filters just to see how that would look. I think it would have been cooler if I added more frame with different colours. 


This wasn't done with stop-motion, but I've put it up.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts